- Think about a special occasion speech that you would like to present on a topic of your choice.
- The speech can be for any context and any length, but the purpose must be to commemorate an occasion. See the list of example occasions for inspiration.
- Download and answer each question in the Unit 1 Touchstone Template based on the speech you are thinking of: Touchstone1Template.doc
- Consider your audience, purpose, and thesis. Answer each of the questions related to audience, purpose, and thesis. Answer in detail, using complete sentences.
Answer each question with 1 to 3 complete sentences
- Your responses should be 300 to 500 words in total
- All writing must be appropriate for an academic context
- Follow academic writing conventions (correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, and formatting)
- Composition must be original and written for this assignment; plagiarism of any kind is strictly prohibited
- Use a readable 12-point font, double-spaced with 1-inch margins