.The discussion questions this week are from Chapter’s 16-20 (Jamsa, 2013).
Chapter 16 topics:
- Define and describe total cost of ownership. List at least 10 items to consider when determining a data center’s total cost of ownership.
- Define and describe a capital expense. How are capital expenses different from operational expenses?
- Define and describe economies of scale and provide a cloud-based example.
- Define and describe “right sizing” as it pertains to cloud computing.
- Define Moore’s law and discus how it might influence cloud migration.
- Given company revenues of $2.5 million and expenses of $2.1 million, calculate the company’s profit and profit margin.
Chapter 17 topics:
- Compare and contrast functional and nonfunctional requirements and provide an example of each.
- Discuss why a designer should avoid selecting an implementation platform for as long as possible during the design process.
- Discuss various trade-offs a designer may need to make with respect to nonfunctional requirements.
- Discuss why the system maintenance phase is often the most expensive phase of the software development life cycle.
Chapter 18 topics:
- Using Yahoo! Pipes, create a pipe that displays the names of pizza restaurants within a given zip code.
- Using Google App Engine, create a page that displays the following Python script:
- print “Content-type: text/htmlnn”
- print “<html>Cloud Computing, Chapter 18</html>”
Chapter 19 topics:
- Define scalability.
- List five to ten potential relationships that align with the Pareto principle, such as how 80 percent of sales come from 20 percent of customers.
- Compare and contrast vertical and horizontal scaling.
- Explain the importance of the database read/write ratio.
- Assume a site guarantees 99.99 percent uptime. How many minutes per year can the site be down?
- Note: You are required to use at least two-peer reviewed sources (besides your textbook) to answer the above questions.