- Read Chapter 10 in the course textbook.
- Watch the Week 3 Assignment Links to an external site.video with Dr. Paula Zobisch.
- View the video the Discrimination: Crash Course Philosophy #41 Links to an external site..
For this assignment, you will need to consider the hiring practices of Abercrombie & Fitch and Hooters. These companies have faced controversy and court cases based on the hiring and not hiring of certain employees. This is a direct reflection of each company’s strategic workforce planning process. First, search court cases relating to these two companies to gain an understanding of the court cases. Discuss the outcomes of each court case. Then, reflect if each company used the proper strategy in hiring taking into consideration discrimination. Next, identify a company in which the strategic workforce planning process helped make the company stronger. Be specific as to why you selected the company from a strategic workforce planning perspective and how the strategy has enhanced the company.
In The Strategic Workforce Planning Process paper,
- Identify at least two court cases (one of each) relating to Abercrombie & Fitch and Hooters.
- Discuss the outcomes of each court case.
- Reflect on each company’s strategic workforce planning.
- Identify a company in which the strategic workforce planning process strengthened the company, giving supporting facts and rationale.
- The Company Research in the UAGC Library Links to an external site.may assist you with this.
The Strategic Workforce Planning Process paper
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages and formatted according to APA Style Links to an external site.as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Formatting for Microsoft Word Links to an external site.resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper in bold font
- Space should appear between the title and the rest of the information on the title page.
- Student’s name
- Name of institution (The University of Arizona Global Campus)
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Due date
- Title of paper in bold font
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice Links to an external site.resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions Links to an external site.and Writing a Thesis Statement Links to an external site., refer to the Writing Center resources. Must use at least two scholarly and/or credible sources in addition to the course text.
- Must use at least two scholarly and/or credible sources in addition to the course text
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources Links to an external site.table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source.
- Utilize correct APA Style formatting for legal sources including case law and legislation. See the Citing Legal Sources Links to an external site.resource from the Writing Center as well as the Citing Legal Materials in APA Style Links to an external site.from the University Library of California State University, Stanislaus, for assistance.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper Links to an external site.guide.
- Avoid overdependence on direct quotes. Direct quotes are a great way to strengthen our assertions and provide support. However, be sure to avoid using excessive direct quotes in lieu of original thought. Direct quotes will not meet the requirement for analysis, application, and critical thinking. Please ensure to not overuse direct quote so that you can avoid losing points for this. Review the Integrating Research Links to an external site.resource from the Writing Center for additional guidance.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List Links to an external site.resource in the Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric Links to an external site.for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.