Determine audience needs for effective data visualization.
Student Success Criteria
View the grading rubric for this deliverable by selecting the “This item is graded with a rubric” link, which is located in the Details & Information pane.
You are the facility manager for EnVision, a high-tech vehicle maker located in Atlanta. This new company designs, manufactures, and sells electric vehicles and charging units. EnVision’s unique designs, technical prowess, and limited competition has placed them in the enviable position of having a high demand for their line of products. This demand has generated over a billion dollars in pre-sale orders, and a new manufacturing facility is required to meet customer’s needs. The firm’s CEO, Mark Hammel, has asked you to select a new site that will accommodate a new state-of-the-art facility. EnVision is a privately held organization that consists of a board of directors, management and staff, all of whom are familiar with data visualization presentations.
The existing 600 employees and a handful of investors also have an interest in the company’s success. All of the EnVision employees are acquainted with the company’s operations and goals and have at least a high school education; they do not want their employment jeopardized. A small group of investors is also interested in any decisions that might affect the firm’s bottom line. The extent of data visualization techniques is unknown by these two latter groups.
The CEO, Mark Hammel has asked you to help him plan for a presentation for sharing your findings on the site selection and other information, to be presented to all levels of the company in an internal meeting. Your site selection criteria need to be presented and explained by all the various entities within EnVision. Be sure to include the following, being mindful of your visual presentation of the data and information.
Create a presentation report that includes the following:
- Identification of the needs and goals of the various stakeholder groups.
- Evaluation of the audience member’s background and skills.
- Definition of the motivating factors for audience participation in the presentation.
- Compare and contrast the desired outcomes of the visuals to be included in the presentation.
- For assistance on creating a presentation report, please visit the Rasmussen College Answers page.
- For additional writing assistance, please visit the Rasmussen College Writing Guide.