A researcher wishes to study the effect of cognitive behavior therapy on young people diagnosed with depression. Consider and discuss the following questions as you respond:
- Would you recommend using a z test, a t test, or an ANOVA for the analysis? Explain your answer.
- What would your choice of test depend on? For the test you select, explain your design and your comparison groups.
- Would the hypothesis be directional or nondirectional?
- Would the test be one or two tailed?
- How would the null and alternative hypotheses be worded?